[San-Diego-pm] Ideas for September meeting?

Chris Grau chris at chrisgrau.com
Wed Aug 29 22:58:24 PDT 2007

I've been meaning to ping the list for the last couple of days.  It's
been a little over two weeks since our last meeting, and it's a little
less than two weeks until our next.

First off, now that people have had some time to think (or forget) about
it, does anyone have any thoughts on the auditorium setting?

Second, does anyone have an idea for a topic for September?  If we have
a topic, I can reserve the auditorium again.

There was a small discussion on IRC about web frameworks.  I don't think
any of us have really used them at all.  I know they're on my TODO list
of things to try using in anger.  Maybe we can have a series of short
presentations on different frameworks.  Pros, cons, suck, doesn't suck.

Off the top of my head, I can think of CGI::Application[0], Maypole[1],
Catalyst[2], Jifty[3], and Gantry[4].  And people say Perl isn't hip
anymore.  Perl has frameworks!

[0] http://search.cpan.org/dist/CGI-Application/
[1] http://maypole.perl.org/
[2] http://www.catalystframework.org/