[San-Diego-pm] August Meeting!

Chris Grau chris at chrisgrau.com
Thu Aug 2 08:44:09 PDT 2007

On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 03:45:38PM -0700, Bob Kleemann wrote:
> It's now August, and that means it's time to start planning for our
> August meeting, there will be a bunch to chat about this month:
>
>     * Con's: OSCON, ComicCon, DamianCon-way, ThisCon, ThatCon, and
>       maybe even INeedToGoToACon-Con

Speaking of which...

I was chatting with the organizer of FOSSCON[0] this morning.  She told
me that expo hall booths for non-profit groups will be free of charge,
and she would love it if the San Diego Perl Mongers had a booth.

What does everyone think of this?  I'd be more than happy to manage a
booth on my own, but it would be great if others wanted to help out and
represent our group.

Just to get people thinking about what's involved, here's a starter list
of ideas for our potential booth.

    - Banner with logos (Perl, San Diego, and otherwise)

    - Perl Monger shirts (San Diego version?) for a donation

    - Take donations for the Perl Foundation

    - Something to hand out (business cards?) so people remember to
      visit our web site or what-not

    - Programming contests

[0] http://www.fosscon.org/