[San-Diego-pm] New Meeting Venue?

Chris Grau chris at chrisgrau.com
Wed Aug 1 14:55:37 PDT 2007

On Mon, Jul 30, 2007 at 08:18:33PM -0700, Chris Grau wrote:
> I'm going to see if we can have our August meeting at one of the
> Qualcomm auditoriums.  I figure two weeks ought to be enough lead time
> to cut through the red tape.
>
> Anyone care to chime in with a yea or nay?  There's free public wifi,
> but no food.

I'm taking the resounding silence (except for Bob -- thanks Bob!), as
tacit approval of the idea.  I've managed to secure the auditorium in
Qualcomm's building Q at 6455 Lusk Blvd., San Diego, CA 92121.

I have the auditorium scheduled for the usual meeting time of 7pm - 9pm
on Monday, 13 August 2007.

I'll let Bob give the official go-ahead and, if/when he does, I'll
update the web site to reflect this month's venue.

As I mentioned before, Qualcomm does have a public wifi network.  We
should also have access to a projector if anyone is interested in
presenting anything (I recall there being interest at the last meeting).
There won't be any food provided, but feel free to bring your own.  I am
working to see if I can get someone to give us free food, and I'll let
you all know if I have any success.

If we like this, I can try to reserve the auditorium every month.
Alternatively, we can only reserve it for those months we would like to
have a presentation.  I'll leave that for the group to discuss.