[San-Diego-pm] HTML to Perl

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Thu Jan 12 19:27:37 PST 2006

Joel> Randal L. Schwartz wrote:
>> You need a server to run a CGI script.  It's that simple.

Joel> I don't quite get it. If I shell to DOS and type:
Joel> perl xxx.pl, I get the desired result.

That's not a CGI script. Unless it happens to be one, and then
CGI.pm simulates the actions.

I'd be very very very very worried if your *browser* would launch an *exe*
simply by referencing it as a file:// url.  Security be gone!