[San-Diego-pm] Phalanx Project

David Romano david.romano at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 02:10:20 PST 2005

Hi everyone,
  At the last meeting, I mentioned the Phalanx Project
[http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2005/01/13/phalanx.html] and Bob suggested
that I see if anyone would like to join me in helping out with it. My
hope is that SanDiego.pm could adopt a module (like other groups have
[http://phalanx.kwiki.org/]).  In short, the Phalanx Project has three
goals:
   1. Strengthen CPAN's tests, coverage and documentation
   2. Strengthen Perl's tests and coverage
   3. Bring in newcomers to the Perl development process

I would love to do both 1 and 2, and 3 applies to me.  I have thought
of starting off with either PAR, YAML, Math::Pari, Getopt::Long, or
Mail::Sendmail,  but don't have a strong preference. (I haven't
contacted any of the module authors yet.) If anyone is interested, and
has a particular module in mind [http://qa.perl.org/phalanx/100/],
please respond! :)

David Romano