[San-Diego-pm] accents

Joel Fentin joel at fentin.com
Wed Oct 27 12:14:38 CDT 2004

Tkil wrote:

> For more generic cases, what you want to find is something that will
> "canonicalize" the unicode into one of two base forms (but preferably
> "C" form, which uses combining marks whenever possible).  Fortunately,
> there is a standard Unicode::Normalize module to do this for you.
> First, I have to justify it:...............

Tony,

 From that point in your email onward, I stopped understanding. One
thing seemed clear is that it didn't reek of fell-swoop. I didn't see
anything cookbook-ish that I could build upon. Thank you anyhow.

My goal is similar to that of a search engine. Take a word or a phrase
and check it against a longer hunk of text. Yes there is a match or no
there isn't. The i modifier to  m// takes care of case. And it seems
Convert::Translit takes care of accents.

--
Joel Fentin    tel: 760-749-8863    FAX: 760-749-8864
Contact me:    http://fentin.com/me/ContactMe.html