[San-diego-pm] Cookie problem

Bob Kleemann rkleeman at energoncube.net
Thu Jul 15 17:15:40 CDT 2004

Joel,

Whever you check cookies, you are checking to see whatever cookies the
browser sent when it made the current request.  Since you are setting a
cookie on the current request, the browser didn't send it already and
you cannot check it's current value.

The way a cookie check typically works is you set a cookie and tell the
browser to make another request.  On that second request, you check to
see if the cookie was set, and if not you tell the user to enable
cookies (or whatever action is appropriate).

Does this make sense?