No subject

Bill Wood wwood at ucsd.edu
Wed Apr 23 14:22:16 CDT 2003

~sdpm~
Can someone help me out. I've got a problem where perl seems to be
evaluating the test at line 6 below in a string context. I'm taking the
results of database call to a datediff function and doing a greater than
test. When the result is negative the if branch is still being taken. I
can't see what is wrong here.

1	my $date_diff=0;
2	my $diff_test = 0;
3	my $sql = qq/
4	select datediff(dd,"$last_used_date{$card_key}","$trans_date")/;

5	@ret = $dbh->sql("$sql",sub {($date_diff)=@_;});

6	if	($date_diff > $diff_test ) {
7		$last_used_date{$card_key} = $trans_date;
8		}

This is perl, version 5.005_03 built for sun4-solaris

All comments appreciated, thanks

Bill Wood
University of California at San Diego
Administrative Computing and Telecommunications - 0929
10280 North Torrey Pines Rd.
La Jolla, Ca   92093-0929

EMail:	wwood at ucsd.edu
Phone:	858/534-1291