Browser connection

Joe Crawford joe at artlung.com
Mon Oct 28 08:32:01 CST 2002

~sdpm~
Joel Fentin wrote:

> >...but doesn't "http://" imply a server on port 80 waiting
> >to respond?
> >
> >But then if it doesn't, then this is the point of the comment.
> >
> >Interested...ly,
>

> If I read between the lines correctly, you are saying I must continue
> to use
> the Apache server.

I seem to remember a Perl interpreter *plugin* for Netscape Navigator
which would parse perl files and do what you seem to be asking. Though I
had never used it, and this would have been a *long* time ago. Probably
when Netscape 3 was new - what, 1997?

Just run apache, it's relatively painless. :-)

	Joe

Joe Crawford, web journeyman.  San Diego Calif. USA http://artlung.com/
.............||||||||||||||||| latest thought: http://artlung.com/blog/
............||||||||||||||| san diego web folk: http://websandiego.org/