Please help me upload a binary file through a CGI script.

Chris Radcliff chris_radcliff at mac.com
Wed Nov 27 17:34:03 CST 2002

~sdpm~
Hi Mark,

I've made a few changes to your code and added a lot of comments about
what is actually going on. It looks like your use of warnings (that -w)
caused the script to emit a warning before the first header, which gave
Apache fits.

I added lexical scoping ('my') to all your variables and gave them
default values (the || '') to avoid other warnings.

The comments should explain it all, but let me know if you have any
questions.

Cheers,
~chris

On Wednesday, November 27, 2002, at 02:38  PM, Mark Steele wrote:

> hey all Mongers,
>
> I'm trying to write a Perl CGI script that will upload an Excel file
> using Apache on a HP-UX system.
>
> I've been using some of the code from the perldoc part of CGI.pm and
> some code from the O'Reilly book "CGI Programming", I'm lost...
>
> All I want is a CGI script which will be called from a web page link
> that will upload Excel files (or binary file in general), text files
> would be nice too, but at a minimum just binary files.

~sdpm~

The posting address is: san-diego-pm-list at hfb.pm.org

List requests should be sent to: majordomo at hfb.pm.org