File::Basename

Alan Stewart astewart at spawar.navy.mil
Tue Mar 19 10:20:14 CST 2002

~sdpm~
On 18 Mar 2002, at 23:22, Joel Fentin wrote:

> I found the problem. I typed:
>
> use file::Basename;
>
> instead of:
>
> use File::Basename;

I've hit this before, and I considered it a Perl bug under Win32. The use
argument is added to %INC just as it is (case the same), and the .pm file is
loaded because the Win32 file call doesn't care about case, but when %INC is
checked later, the comparison is case sensitive and fails. Your mistake
wouldn't have loaded under Unix/Linux.

 Alan Stewart          )-[]-(           Electronics Engineer
 Code D621           ~        ~         Network Operations
 SPAWARSYSCEN       ~          ~  \     Satellite Communications
 53560 Hull St   ( ~            ~  )    tel (619)524-3625
 San Diego,CA  __|___             /|    fax (619)524-2607
 92152-5001   ^\____/^^^^^^\    __| |_  astewart at spawar.navy.mil
~sdpm~

The posting address is: san-diego-pm-list at hfb.pm.org

List requests should be sent to: majordomo at hfb.pm.org