Perl companies?

Chris Radcliff chris at velocigen.com
Thu Jun 14 11:38:24 CDT 2001

~sdpm~

Hi Mongers,

A general question for the entire group: Do you know of companies that
are using Perl? Not just for Web stuff, but in any capacity.

Perl books and conferences are immensely popular, but the language gets
relatively little press. We all know that MP3.com and VelociGen use
Perl, but who else does? If you were making a "Perl 500" list, who would
you include?

VelociGen is considering more corporate Perl advocacy, e.g. promoting
the Perl segment in companies that already benefit from it, and using
their success stories to promote Perl in other companies. It's an area
where Perl hasn't had as much hype or push as Java, but we'd like to
remedy that situation.

I'm not looking for contact information or a spam list. Just names of as
many companies as possible, local or otherwise.

Thanks in advance,
~chris
~sdpm~

The posting address is: san-diego-pm-list at hfb.pm.org