A clarification regarding OS2k1.

Wilson, Doug Doug_Wilson at intuit.com
Mon Jul 23 16:19:10 CDT 2001

~sdpm~

> On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, Chris Radcliff wrote:
> > cabney wrote:
> >
> > > Only the /keynote/ speeches were mentioned specifically
> with regard to
> > > which parts of the conference we may access using this
> pass. Are other
> > > sessions also going to be available?
> >
> > Actually, Randal's right. No "sessions" are included with
> the Exhibit
> > Hall pass. Of course, my observation from previous shows is that
> > keynotes, esp. Larry's State of the Onion, classify more
> along the lines
> > of "events" or "mobs" with all sorts of people wandering in
> and out. My
> > feeling is that a group of folks with local Perl Mongers
> t-shirts and
> > nominative passes aren't likely to be ejected from the area. :)
>
> Ok, with all due respect, "in spite of the name, those passes will get
> you..." is a *LOT* different from "it worked for me last
> year."  I suggest
> that if, in the future, you want to make an announcement on a list for
> which you seem to have some official capacity, that you speak more
> carefully and make sure you've done your homework before you make
> overreaching statements.

And after a wasted trip over to the Sheraton, I found out that
Exhibit hall registrations are not even being done until
Wednesday (Makes sense now that I see the exhibit hall schedule
here:
http://conferences.oreillynet.com/cs/os2001/pub/w/os2001/exhibitors.html)

So anyway, if you decide to crash anything before then, you'll
have to do it completely unregistered...

-Doug
~sdpm~

The posting address is: san-diego-pm-list at hfb.pm.org

List requests should be sent to: majordomo at hfb.pm.org