Polygons & Nodal Points...

schoon at amgt.com schoon at amgt.com
Sun Jul 15 16:27:42 CDT 2001

~sdpm~
Good Afternoon!

	I have this polygon I need to split up into in smaller elements and
determine how many nodal points I have.... My first attempt was to brute
force the problem and just see if my nodal points fell within the
polygon, and start counting - but under certain conditions that fails.
It mostly fails when the point is on an edge of the polygon... My second
idea is to calculate how many nodal points I'm going to have by how many
subelements are present. I'm developing the application using Perl/Tk,
but I am new to using it. There might be a third way to determine nodal
points by using createRectangle. I'm not looking for a direct solution -
more along the lines of a brain storm. Any ideas greatly appreciated!!

Thanks Again!

.mark

~sdpm~

The posting address is: san-diego-pm-list at hfb.pm.org