speaking to MS SQL Server using the ODBC module

Chuck Phillips chuckphillips at mac.com
Tue Feb 6 11:21:23 CST 2001

~sdpm~
Perl Mongers,

We have most of our perl running on Sun machines. Currently any database
stuff we do is with MySQL or Oracle, but we just purchased MS SQL Server and
plan on developing on Win32 using that DBMS.

I'm curious about the ODBC module on CPAN. Can I just get that working on
our Solaris Servers and then make calls to the MS SQL server? Has anyone had
any experience with a similar setup? Is the ODBC module a pain to install?
(I was playing with it on an BSD machine and the make died.)

Thanks,
Chuck

~sdpm~

The posting address is: san-diego-pm-list at hfb.pm.org