1982 Usenet post by Randal

Chris Radcliff chris at velocigen.com
Tue Dec 11 15:55:16 CST 2001

~sdpm~

Hi folks,

It looks like our Randal isn't just notable in Perl circles, but also
from the early Usenet. Google recently posted an archive of Usenet
messages dating back to 1981. Among their featured "timeline" articles
was the first mention of Star Wars Episode 6, by our very own Randal L.
Schwartz:

<http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=bnews.azure.913>

Congrats to Randal! A great quote: "I can't really imagine waiting until
1997 to see all nine parts of the Star Wars series." I remember the
comic strip Bloom County making the same comment the next year. It
sounded like an eternity at the time. Yeek.

~chris, who hopes no one finds his bad poetry from 1992

~sdpm~

The posting address is: san-diego-pm-list at hfb.pm.org

List requests should be sent to: majordomo at hfb.pm.org