San Diego Perl Mongers meeting last night

Todd Rockhold todd.rockhold at ontogen.com
Thu Apr 19 15:44:28 CDT 2001

~sdpm~
President Kleeman could not attend last night, but from memory provided the
(fortunately correct!)
key code to unlock the door at Velocigen.

I was the only "old monger" there but we had three people come: Doug Wilson
(alas, recently
dot-commed) all the way from Orange County, Anton Marder, and James Moore.

James mentioned that he has had trouble signing up for the mail list -- has
tried a couple
of times but has received no email.  Doug mentioned that maybe it would be a
good idea
to have an ad in the back of ComputorEdge, since the web site was down
yesterday
afternoon so he couldn't check details on meeting time and location.  Also
it was pointed
out that for people who have not attended a meeting yet, "at Velocigen" is
not specific
enough because the building has several external doors marked "Velocigen".

Later we talked a little about a few Perl modules, genetic programming
(apparently there is
some recent discussion of such at www.perlmonks.com).

Since James had recently worked at MP3 he was interested in web services,
so I mentioned Chris Radcliff's book-in-progress at
http://globalspin.com/thebook/.
~sdpm~

The posting address is: san-diego-pm-list at hfb.pm.org

List requests should be sent to: majordomo at hfb.pm.org