Perl Conference News

Bob Kleemann rkleeman at energoncube.net
Wed Apr 11 14:16:14 CDT 2001

~sdpm~
>From
http://use.perl.org/comments.pl?sid=01/04/09/1247242&op=&threshold=0&commentsort=0&mode=thread&startat=&pid=1#3

Re:What about the San Diego Perl Mongers?  (Score:1)
by gnat on Wednesday April 11, @09:07AM (#3)
(User #29 Info)
<http://use.perl.org/images/pix.gif>
For most of the conference, we actually don't need help (but thanks for
the kind offer!). I discussed the SD.pm offer with the conference
folks, and I believe the plan was to direct your efforts toward getting
the word out to local companies. If nobody's been contacted about that,
I'll go electrocute someone now :-)

The other place we might need help is session chairs. Anyone who's going
to be going to the conference and wants to help out can moderate a
session. All you do is turn up early, meet the speakers (making sure
they're there), introduce the speakers, and keep them to time. It can put
a cramp in your style because you can't jump from room to room during the
session you're moderating, but it's still a fun way to meet the speakers
and get involved.

So drop me a line in email (gnat at oreilly.com) and let me know whether
anyone got back to you. If you and anyone else wants to moderate a
session, also feel free to send me mail.

Thanks, and sorry if we blew it!

Nat

~sdpm~

The posting address is: san-diego-pm-list at hfb.pm.org