CGI email (was Re: email)

Alan Stewart astewart at spawar.navy.mil
Fri Feb 25 20:22:35 CST 2000

~sdpm~
A CGI script doesn't have to return any HTTP doc, which means no content headers needed.
The email is going out a different protocol than the web stuff. However, in a real script,
something ought to be returned or the user will not know if anything happened. The mail may (or
may not) be sent and the web page would not change after the button was clicked. Usually a
"Confirmed" page is returned.