WTF Meeting Today

Sander van Zoest sander at vanZoest.com
Tue Feb 22 14:19:11 CST 2000

~sdpm~

Hi,

I remember most of you having interest in template systems for dynamic
content that we developed for MP3.com. I will be giving a talk for the
Web Technologies Forum at SDSC. If this interests you, you might want
to come out tonight.

Cheers,

--
Sander van Zoest                                          sander at vanzoest.com
High Geek, MP3.com, Inc.                             http://www.vanZoest.com/

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Mary Thomas <mthomas at SDSC.EDU>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 10:59:28 -0800 (PST)
Subject: REMINDER:  WTF Meeting Today
Cc: websandiego at onelist.com
To: wtf at SDSC.EDU

               WTF Meeting Announcement:  February, 2000

    TOPIC:   Developing High-Performance Dynamic Web Pages
    SPEAKER: Sander van Zoest
             MP3.coM
    DATE:    February 22nd
    TIME:    Mixer @ 6:30 p.m., Speaker @ 7:00 p.m.
    PLACE:   San Diego Supercomputer Center Auditorium
    SEE:     http://www.sdsc.edu/WTF for abstract and details

Topic Outline:

Developing High-Performance Dynamic Web Pages

 -  with Templates, XML, and mod_PERL

Templates and CSS dynamic layouts of your
content can be created by your creative team
and/or the end user.   Learn why dynamic usage
of XML using mod_PERL and Apache template modules
is a good method to provide dynamic content.
Learn to manage content and style independently.

Bio

Sander van Zoest is High Geek and part of the
Founders group at MP3.com, Inc.  He helped design
and implement the process flow and custom server
infrastructure used to provide a new way for artists
to get their music to the masses, while still having
constant control over their music.  He is an Apache
and FreeBSD advocate that enjoys working on scalable
web architectures using XML and PERL.

See the Web page at http://www.sdsc.edu/WTF/ for
information about upcoming WTF meetings.

Refreshements will be served

Off-campus visitors:  see http://www.sdsc.edu/Visitors/directions.html for
directions and a map, or call 619-534-5000 for information.

 Mary P. Thomas                   Email: mthomas at sdsc.edu
 Scientific Computing Group       Voice: (858) 534-5061
 San Diego Supercomputer Center   Fax:   (858) 534-5117
 9500 Gilman Dr.
 San Diego, CA 92093-0505         URL:   www.sdsc.edu/~mthomas