Letter to Perl Mongers

Garrett Casey canetguy at home.com
Thu Aug 17 15:52:54 CDT 2000

~sdpm~
Last night was a wonderful meeting hosted my MusicMatch.com.
I am disappointed that so many of you did not attend.

Details about this meeting were posted on our web page
nearly three weeks in advance.  I had emailed the group
requesting everyone who was planning on attending the
meeting to RSVP.  A couple of days ago, I personally got
in contact each and every Monger.

THIRTY-TWO PEOPLE REPLIED RSVP, twenty
wrote that they couldn't attend, and more than a
dozen never bothered to reply.

MusicMatch took time out their schedule to host our group.
An auditorium was reserved.  Pizza and beer for 32 was
ordered.  Chairs were set up and a slide show was created.
The top brass of the company (including the CEO) spoke
about their incredible technology.

In return, six San Diego Perl Mongers decided to show up.

As a group, we should be very embarrassed.

Bob, I apologize for the lack of courtesy the group provided
you and your company.  I truly enjoyed the meeting and
hopefully we can reschedule for a later month.

-Garrett Casey
canetguy at home.com
http://SanDiego.pm.org
858.720.1789