Newbie Question

C. Abney cabney at cyberpass.net
Sun Aug 13 12:22:04 CDT 2000

~sdpm~
On Sat, 12 Aug 2000, Ken Loomis wrote:
[courtesy copy mailed to the poster]

>     can't truncate CustomerID.dat: Permission Denied

Might one have problems truncating an open RW file if data is caught in the
buffer from a read?  You won't flush the buffer unless you a. close the FH
or, b. set $| for the FH.  I haven't checked, but stuff in the read buffer
might interfere with write operations...

I think I may try this... just because I'd like to add to my growing list
of informative but otherwise useless scripts.

CA
--
Mighty Mouse is a cartoon. Superman is a real guy. No way a cartoon could beat
up a real guy! -- Teddy                                               C. Abney

~sdpm~

The posting address is: san-diego-pm-list at hfb.pm.org

List requests should be sent to: majordomo at hfb.pm.org