Perl traversing through webpages that use CGI instead of Links..

Alan Stewart astewart at spawar.navy.mil
Wed Apr 26 14:53:13 CDT 2000

~sdpm~
On 25 Apr 00, at 15:25, Joe Raymundo wrote:

>~sdpm~
>Is there a way to grab and traverse through webpage's
>text from a webpage that uses a combobox instead of
>regular hyperlinks?  This one webpage created a menu
>system that dynamically creates temporary html files
>so I cant link directly to teh file.
>Joe

If you mean, you know the URL for the page that contains the combobox and
that is a html form (with a submit somewhere?), you can POST with LWP
which is what the submit does. The returned page(s) will be the dynamic
ones. If the combobox choices are always the same, then the POST is
probably always the same, even if the response is dynamic. If you don't
know what the choices are in advance, you will have to pull them out of the
starting page html.

Are you using LWP? If so, I might have some example code.

Alan Stewart          )-[]-(           Electronics Engineer
Code D621           ~        ~         Network Operations
SPAWARSYSCEN       ~          ~  \     Satellite Communications
53560 Hull St   ( ~            ~  )    tel (619)524-3625
San Diego,CA  __|___             /|    fax (619)524-2607
92152-5001   ^\____/^^^^^^\    __| |_  astewart at spawar.navy.mil
~sdpm~

The posting address is: san-diego-pm-list at hfb.pm.org

List requests should be sent to: majordomo at hfb.pm.org