Navbar generator?

Russ Schnapp rlssdpm at schnapp.org
Sat Apr 1 17:16:40 CST 2000

~sdpm~

I'm putting together a web site for a small company, basically
placing their catalog online.  I want to have a nice, heirarchical
navigation bar on each page, and I don't want to rely on any fancy
client-side features, such as javascript, to display it.

I'm planning to approach this by having a PERL script process
each page in the site, inserting the appropriate nav bar code into
each page.  I figure that the main input to the script would be a file
containing:

1. what HTML code to use in order to display each level in the
heirarchy;

and

2. a  description of the heirarchy, indicating which source file
occupies which position

The source files would have a special tag (e.g., <navbar/>) that the
script would replace with the code generated in this manner.

Before I go off and design/write this thing from scratch, It occurred
to me to see if anyone knows whether such a thing already exists.

Any suggestions?  (Yes, this is right on topic for what was
supposed to have been presented at last month's meeting!)

...Russ
~sdpm~

The posting address is: san-diego-pm-list at hfb.pm.org

List requests should be sent to: majordomo at hfb.pm.org