What I learned at the meeting last night. (2)

Joel Fentin joel at cts.com
Thu Oct 14 23:15:20 CDT 1999

~sdpm~
In other languages, I can place a beep in the code to see if
program execution passed through a specific area of the code.
This does not work with the following example. I was told to use
 warn "something"; &
print STDERR __line__; . I don't seem to be able to use them to
advantage.

In the following program I wish to learn how to use them to see
if execution flow passed through CCC.

#!/perl/bin/perl -w
use CGI::Carp qw(carpout fatalsToBrowser);      # sends errors to
browzer
use strict;
use CGI qw(:standard);

#main part of the program

AAA();
BBB();
CCC();

#end of main part of program

#=========================================================
sub AAA()
  {print "\07";}                                # beeps don't work

#=========================================================
sub BBB(){
  print header(), start_html("1");              # program won't
work w/o this line
  print end_html();                             # program won't
work w/o this line
}

#=========================================================
sub CCC()
{
  warn "something";                             #?
  #print STDERR __line__;                       #?
}

--
Joel Fentin    tel: 760-749-8863    FAX: 760-749-8864

email: joel at cts.com     web: http://efm.simplenet.com
~sdpm~

The posting address is: san-diego-pm-list at hfb.pm.org

List requests should be sent to: majordomo at hfb.pm.org