Aug Perl Mongers Meeting

adms1 adms1 at cts.com
Thu Aug 5 12:53:07 CDT 1999

~sdpm~
Hello Everyone!

I just wanted to remind everyone that our August Perl Mongers meeting will be held on August 11, 1999 at 7:30pm.  As mentioned during the last meeting, everyone will be brining in some Perl code.   So, if you have a cool script you just finished or maybe having difficulty with something - print it out and bring it to the meeting next Wednesday.  Everyone will take a look at it and make suggestions and ask questions.

I have been receiving about 2-5 emails a month from headhunters looking for Perl programmers.  I have decided to write a little CGI program so these people can simply post the positions to our web page (http://SanDiego.pm.org).  Originally I was going to make it pretty simple (kind of like a guest book), but since our discussion about databases didn't go that far last week, I will work it with a mySQL backend.

Finally, I wanted to ask if anyone has experience with installing mod_perl with mod_ssl for Apache.  I work alot with mod_perl but now I need to get an SSL up and running. I can get Apache to compile with mod_perl.  I can get Apache to compile with mod_ssl.  I can't get it work with both - argg.  I am using FreeBSD and the most recent versions of Apache, mod_perl and mod_ssl.

I will see everyone next Wed!

-Garrett Casey
adms1 at cts.com
619 417 2136