ImageMagic Question

adms1 adms1 at cts.com
Mon Apr 26 19:17:46 CDT 1999

~sdpm~
Has anyone worked with ImageMagick before?

I wan't to be able to dynamically generate images using PerlMagick (the Image::Magick module).  I installed ImageMagick on my FreeBSD machine.  I don't have any X Windows system installed.  ImageMagick would not compile until I used the configure option "--with-x=no"  Once I set that option, it compiled fine.

Now when I try to Make PerlMagick I get:

In file included from /usr/local/include/magick/magick.h:107,
                 from Magick.xs:77:
/usr/local/include/magick/X.h:15: X11/Xos.h: No such file or directory
/usr/local/include/magick/X.h:16: X11/Xlib.h: No such file or directory
/usr/local/include/magick/X.h:17: X11/Xutil.h: No such file or directory
/usr/local/include/magick/X.h:18: X11/Xresource.h: No such file or directory
/usr/local/include/magick/X.h:19: X11/Xproto.h: No such file or directory
/usr/local/include/magick/X.h:20: X11/Xatom.h: No such file or directory
/usr/local/include/magick/X.h:21: X11/Xlocale.h: No such file or directory
/usr/local/include/magick/X.h:22: X11/cursorfont.h: No such file or directory
/usr/local/include/magick/X.h:23: X11/keysym.h: No such file or directory
/usr/local/include/magick/X.h:25: X11/XWDFile.h: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

So it seem that PerlMagick needs X11.  I tried looking for a switch similar to the one for ImageMagick but I can't find it.

Does anyone know if I can use PerlMagick without X Windows?  Has anyone else used the Image::Magick module?

-Garrett

~sdpm~

The posting address is: san-diego-pm-list at hfb.pm.org

List requests should be sent to: majordomo at hfb.pm.org