[Salem-pm] Moving Away From Google Apps

Jim Kalafut jim at kalafut.net
Mon Oct 21 22:55:45 PDT 2013

fastmail.fm (after doing some research into where the nerds were heading
for alternatives, kind of like you are right now!)

I bailed on Gmail about 3 months ago.  The Fastmail experience has been
good... definitely better than Gmail.  I was able to import all of my
Gmail back to 2005 quite easily.  (Note that this is a direct
Gmail->Fastmail transfer than goes on in the background.)  The web UI is
better than Gmail.  The biggest shortfall is that general Android email
clients aren't as good as the native Gmail app, but Google has slowly
been screwing up the Gmail app too, so I'm sure they'll hit parity soon
enough.

Jim