[roch-pm] Bzip2 module won't compile - help?

Geoffrey Bradford geoff at whitedonkey.com
Thu Jan 30 12:49:48 CST 2003

Hi,

I normally would not look for help like this, but the mailing list page
does say this list can be used for help.

I'm having a problem getting Compress::Bzip2 to install. Every time I
try I get the following message during make test

PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl -Iblib/arch -Iblib/lib
-I/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/i386-linux -I/usr/lib/
perl5/5.6.1 -e 'use Test::Harness qw(&runtests $verbose); $verbose=0;
runtests @ARGV;' t/*.t
t/test....Can't load 'blib/arch/auto/Compress/Bzip2/Bzip2.so' for module
Compress::Bzip2: blib/arch/
auto/Compress/Bzip2/Bzip2.so: undefined symbol: bzBuffToBuffCompress at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.1/i386-li
nux/DynaLoader.pm line 206.
 at t/test.t line 8
Compilation failed in require at t/test.t line 8.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at t/test.t line 8.
dubious
	Test returned status 255 (wstat 65280, 0xff00)
FAILED--1 test script could be run, alas--no output ever seen
make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 2

I have another server with the same Version of bzlib which has a copy of
this module compiled on it. That server is Red Hat 6.2, The new server
is Red Hat 7.2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

---geoff.