[rochester-pm-list] PGP help...

Pat havoc at shell1.eznet.net
Mon Nov 22 11:52:52 CST 1999

On Sat, Nov 20, 1999 at 02:17:10PM -0500, Bryan Dennstedt wrote:
> #use PGP::new;
> $pgp = new PGP $pgppath, $pgpexec;
> print "middle";
> $encrypted_document = Encrypt $pgp Text => $textencrypt, Password => 'bry';
> print "$encrypted_document<P>";
> print "bye\n<BR>";
>
> For me it doesn't seem to be getting past the new PGP path exec command...
> but the program runs fine... no errors...
>
> if I comment out the use line the program dies... maybe its a server config
> problem...
>
> the FAQ I'm referring to for help on this is here.
>
> http://faq.9netave.com/perldoc/PGP_Pipe.html
>
> Any pointers?
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Bryan

The faq refers to
use PGP::Pipe;

I would try that first.
The module hasn't been updated since '96 (according to CPAN), I'd be a little leary of it for that reason alone.
There seem to be a bunch of other more recent modules for use with PGP.

Please post the exact errors that you are seeing.

Hope this helps,

--Pat Ludwig
havoc at boldo.com