[rochester-pm-list] PGP help...

Bryan Dennstedt bmd5456 at rit.edu
Sat Nov 20 13:17:10 CST 1999

Hey Perl Mongers,

I'm trying to do some kewl stuff on 9netave's servers with PGP... but to no
avail... I Think I need a lesson on how modules work... I though I knew but
the ten thousand variations I'm trying just don't seem to be working...

Here is my code I'm playing with... It doesn't work the way I expect any
pointers?

print "hi\n<BR>";
$textencrypt = "Bryan Rules!";
$pgppath = "/usr/local/bin";
$pgpexec = "pgp";
print "<P>TEXT: $textencrypt<P>";
#use PGP::new;
$pgp = new PGP $pgppath, $pgpexec;
print "middle";
$encrypted_document = Encrypt $pgp Text => $textencrypt, Password => 'bry';
print "$encrypted_document<P>";
print "bye\n<BR>";

For me it doesn't seem to be getting past the new PGP path exec command...
but the program runs fine... no errors...

if I comment out the use line the program dies... maybe its a server config
problem...

the FAQ I'm referring to for help on this is here.

http://faq.9netave.com/perldoc/PGP_Pipe.html

Any pointers?

Thanks!

-Bryan