[rochester-pm-list] NT & Perl - Credentials

Shawn Porter sporter at rit.net
Tue Nov 2 08:59:00 CST 1999

I'm writing a Perl script to automate some stuff on NT (yes, it sucks) and
I'm having a problem.  One of the things it does is delete a file from a
remote share.

At first, when I tried to delete the files I would get a "Permission
denied" error.  Then, I tried to use a net use command to access the share
and I'm getting a "conflicting credentials" error message.  What's up with
that?  Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

I'm able to read the files fine.  Both systems have an account with the
same username and password.  The files that I want to delete on the remote
machine (and the dir they're in) have full access for the account I'm
running this as.  The net use command I'm using is:

  "net use \\galen\logs /U:scheduler_user the_password"

Please help.

--
Shawn Porter
http://www.rit.net/sporter