[Rio-pm] Curious speech

Samir Cury eu em samircury.eng.br
Terça Agosto 17 21:54:09 PDT 2010

Fala Perlssoal,

Estava procurando algumas coisas sobre Perl aqui e achei uma palestra
(escrita) muito interessante e engracada do Larry, que gostaria de
compartilhar :

http://www.wall.org/~larry/pm.html

Trailer :

I just did an interview for Feed Magazine. When I read their intro to it, I
was interested to see that they made reference to my ``curious speeches.''
I'll take that as a compliment. Why I take it as a compliment is the subject
of this speech. That's assuming this speech actually has a subject, which is
still in doubt. Hey, at least it has a title. That's something.
.
.

.

Heidi said, ``You wanna know something really funny. In my IMP class, our
class slogan is, 'There's more than one way to do it.'''

``You're kidding,'' I said. [I should also say that that IMP stands for
Interactive Math Program, which is a math curriculum in which you sort of
learn everything at once. In sort of a postmodern way.] Anyway, I said,
``You're kidding.''

``No,'' she said, ``That's why IMP is better for math students like me--we
learn better when we can see the big picture, and how everything fits in.
The old way of learning math never gave you any context''.

Abracos,
Samir