[suse-schools-usa] Whoa

tom poe tompoe at renonevada.net
Thu Apr 11 14:11:36 CDT 2002

On Thursday 11 April 2002 11:17, Jimmy Brake wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Simplicity, just have to keep it really really simple. Unfortunately
> computers + networks + people + purpose ... can get pretty complex.
>
> I'll just use the library challenge as the description.

Hi, Jimmy:  Aaaarrgghhh!   Well, there's a lot of work to be done.  OK.
Simple is good.  I think we should develop a model for a demo.  I vote that
the model start with a server and two thin clients, running SuSEX.X.  Any
suggestions on which SuSE version might be the safest for a demo project?  I
have been running SuSE7.1 with no obvious problems for about 1 year, now.
Anyone have a better suggestion?

In the meantime, I have laid out an initial strategy that calls for
contacting school principals and IT directors in the community and requesting
"Informational Interviews" [approx 15 mins of their time], which would let me
ask their opinions and advice about moving forward with a "pilot program" for
community-based computer network installation and support for computers in
our schools.  How's that sound to you folks?

Thanks,
Tom Poe
Reno, NV
http://www.studioforrecording.org/