[Raleigh-talk] Testing

Jason Purdy jason at purdy.info
Wed Feb 4 11:59:40 PST 2009

Testing is awesome - that's what I'm actually in the middle of right now. My
boss decided to take one of our applications and make it available on
another site. Since I wrote several test scripts for the original
application, I was able to move it over to the other site and adapt the test
scripts and over these last few days, I've been able to hammer out the bugs
and have great confidence that the application on the new site will be
pretty well-QA'd.

We develop web applications and those are tough to test entirely from Perl.
So we (I ;) ) split test cases into client-side (I've used Selenium and
YUITest) to test javascript code and then Test::More (I just dabbled w/
Test::HTML::Content today and love it ... really can't go wrong w/ anything
Test::* can you? ;)) to test the web application code (written w/
CGI::Application).

I touched a little bit about my approach in my use.perl
journal<http://use.perl.org/%7EPurdy/journal/38209>
.

Cheers,

Jason