[Raleigh-talk] Integrating newer version of a perl module into the perl distribution...

James Olin Oden james.oden at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 11:31:22 PST 2009

HI All,

Does anyone understand the source tree of a typical perl distribution?
 I'm trying to figure out how to integrate a newer module into an
existing perl distribution (i.e. into its source tree) but I'm finding
whereas the cpan module is self contained under one directory the
sources in the perl distribution are not, splitting some files under
the ext directory and some under the lib directory.  Ultimately, I'm
just trying to figure out how the the perl distribution build works in
regards to perl modules.  Does anyone understand this and/or know of
documentation that would help with this.

Thanks...james