[Raleigh-talk] possible talk topics

Brad Oaks bradoaks at gmail.com
Fri May 18 07:39:44 PDT 2007

Some of these are just modules I've happened upon while searching for
other modules.  And a couple are topics that I would feel comfortable
with working up a presentation for the group.  The others might just
take a volunteer to go out and learn a module and then show it off.

== Lighting Talks
CPAN::Unwind -- recursively display dependencies of a module from our
favorite archive.
Class::DBI::AsXML -- xml representation of db objects, including a
method create_from_xml()

== Longer Talks
Cache::Memcached (I would be able to participate in this talk)

SVN -- perl client for Subversion repositories that facilitates a
developer being able to check changes into a local repository while on
a plane and then submit those changes to the central repository later.

any of the Rose classes that compete with Class::DBI

RT::Client::REST -- talk to Request Tracker installation using REST protocol

In posting a list like this, it seems fairly obvious that we could
benefit from a wiki.  We could see about setting up such an app for
the group.  With Andy Lester no longer working at Socialtext, it seems
less likely that he'll be able to get a wiki offering done as part of
the services provided by Perl Mongers for all the groups.  We might be
able to work with Ask or others who maintain the infrastructure for PM
to achieve a broader installation.  Anyway, those are my half baked
thoughts about a wiki.  Suppose we could put one up independently, and
then migrate to a centrally serviced one later.

a few thoughts,
--bradoaks