[Purdue-pm] Raku (Perl 6) study group

Mark Daniel Ward mdw at purdue.edu
Sun Aug 2 09:44:27 PDT 2020

Dear Mark,

Mathematica and MATLAB are apples and oranges.

Mathematica and Maple are much better for symbolic computing than
MATLAB, but I think MATLAB is much, much better suited than either of
these for numerical computation, i.e., for numerical work with pde's,
computing on a mesh, etc.  These are totally different types of tools.
As different as a saw versus a hammer.

It seems like Raku and Perl 5 are shaping up to be pretty different
tools too, right?  Perhaps much more similar to each other than
Mathematica and MATLAB.

Mark