[Purdue-pm] KLAF data in Mathematica

Mark Senn mark at purdue.edu
Sun Sep 29 19:27:54 PDT 2019

Thought people might be interested in how to get KLAF airport data, and
Lafayette city data for temperatures in Mathematica.

To load the available data for KLAF from 1800 through 2018 just type
    data = AirTemperatureData["KLAF", {{1800, 1, 1}, {2018, 12, 31}, "Day"}];
That makes Mathematica contact Wolfram Research's server to get their
curated data.  Wolfram Research has a very wide and deep collection of
data.  Purdue has a site license for Mathematica.  Wolfram Research
calls Mathematica "The world's definitive system for modern technical
computing".  I couldn't agree more.  I use Perl 6 for systems
programming and general programming and Mathematica for math, calculus,
physics, engineering, etc. stuff that Perl 6 can't do conveniently or
precisely.

The Mathematica notebook source for an example of getting data for
the airport, for Lafayette, and plotting the data is at
    engineering.purdue.edu/~mark/klaf.nb

A PDF file of the Mathematica notebook is at
    engineering.purdue.edu/~mark/klaf.pdf

-mark