[Purdue-pm] hardware at January 9 meeting

Mark Senn mark at purdue.edu
Wed Jan 2 08:18:43 PST 2019

Purdue Perl Mongers,

I'll bring the following hardware to the January 9 meeting
(5:30 pm, enter at EE 270) so people can see it and try it.
I don't have a laptop to hook these up to so it will just
be to see if it fits your hand, etc.

KEYBOOARD.IO MODEL 01 KEYBOARD

A fully programmable ergonomic keyboard.
See
    https://shop.keyboard.io
for a picture.  I'm programming this so I'll only use
thumb keys, row below home row, home row, and row above
home row and will never need to press more than one key at
a time.

TYPEMATRIX 2020 KEYBOARD

See
    http://www.ergonomic-keyboard.us/reviews/typematrix-2020
for a picture and revieww of the 2020.  The 2020 is my all-time favorite
keyboard.  Haven't used the Model 01 enough to get used to it.  The
TypeMatrix 2020 is no longer made, the TypeMatrix 2030 is slightly
narrower, but is too small for me to use comfortably See
    http://www.ergonomic-keyboard.us/reviews/typematrix-2030/
for a picture and review of the 2030.  Love the feel of the keys and
how they don't need to be pushed far to activate.

CLEARLY SUPERIOR TECHNOLOGIES CST2545W-RC 2" TRACKBALL.

See
    https://www.amazon.com/CST2545W-L-TRAC-Wired-Performance-Trackball/dp/B00ECHGE3O
for picture and reviews (ignore the fact that the model numbers don't
match---don't know why---Amazon claims this is the model I bought.
My all-time favorite pointing device.

-mark