[Purdue-pm] Perl 6 integer math, quantum computing, etc. talk

Mark Senn mark at purdue.edu
Mon Jun 20 18:01:19 PDT 2016

Dr. Damian Conway worked closely with Larry Wall designing
Perl 6.  He gave a very interesting Perl 6 talk about using
Perl 6 for factoring numbers, and quantum computing.  See
    https://youtu.be/Nq2HkAYbG5o
    starting at 9:10
It is an hour and three minutes long.  After you listen to
the talk ask yourself "Why am I not using Perl 6 yet?".

This talk doesn't contains very little to no information on regular
expressions, grammars, object orientation, database interfacing, file
operations with Perl but contains information about new Perl 6 functions
that operate on integers, and doing quantum computing in Perl 6.  Many
Perl 5 vs. Perl 6 comparisions are given and discussed.

Damian is one of the best presenters I know of.

-mark