[Purdue-pm] new release of Perl 6

Mark Senn mark at purdue.edu
Fri Nov 20 06:35:49 PST 2015

Purdue Perl Mongers,

I thought I was happy with Perl 5.  Now that I've used Perl 6 I don't
want to use Perl 5 again.  A new development version of Perl 6 has been
released.  The Perl 6 developers hope to release Perl 6 version 1.0
before Christmas.  As anybody who writes software knows, sometimes
unexpected delays happen in software development.  That's why it is
called the "Christmas" instead of Christmas release below.

The Purdue Perl Mongers plans to have a Perl 6 release party at our
regular meeting in January with cake, some swag, etc., along with
the normal talk(s).

Mark Senn