[Purdue-pm] Meeting Next Tuesday

Dave Jacoby jacoby at purdue.edu
Tue May 14 06:20:48 PDT 2013

I've been told that Mark Senn has hurt his wrist. I'm sure we all hope
he feels better soon, so there's a good chance he'll still be recovering
next week.

If any of you ever get pulled in to do your civic duty, the sure-fire
way to become the foreman of a jury is to be the first to ask "So, how
are we going to decide who's foreman?" I mention this because I did so
well being in a jury in 2010 that they've asked me back. And my day is
next Tuesday. I think it's possible that I might be excused early and be
available, but I wouldn't want to plan on it.

So, we can say "Hey, that's two of the people who are always there.
Maybe we should cancel?" But that's defeatist talk. I think there should
be a meeting, and talks and all, even if I can't be there to enjoy it.

--
Dave Jacoby
     Code Maker, Purdue Genomics Core Lab

http://www.accidentalcreative.com/creating/boycott-unnecessary-complexity