[Purdue-pm] Perl 6

Mark Senn mark at purdue.edu
Fri Jun 29 05:29:54 PDT 2012

Perl 6 is not mature but there is enough working to write simple programs.

Perl 6 was a redesign and rewrite of Perl 5 from the ground up---it
still "feels like" programming in Perl 5 though---if you like Perl 5 you
might like Perl 6.  Perl 6 is object oriented and has many other
features that make programming easier in my opinion.  I've been doing
some programming in Perl 6 and like it much better than Perl 5.  Perl 5
is much more mature, has much better documentation, and a much larger
user community.  You can learn more about Perl 6 at

    http://perl6maven.com/starting-again-with-rakudo-perl6

I expect Perl 5 and Perl 6 will both be used in the the future.

-mark