[Purdue-pm] Matt S Trout: Re: [yapc] This is a QR Code. We’re going to use QR Codes a lot at...

Bradley Andersen bradley.d.andersen at gmail.com
Sat Jan 7 02:25:25 PST 2012

I really fail to see why people must take a philosophical stand on _every_
issue.  It is a waste.  You get a name badge with your ACT info encoded -
so what? You can always: not wear the badge, cover the QR code with a funny
picture, cover it with duct tape, or, as one person to the list wrote, you
can even dance when someone tries to scan your code, thereby thwarting his
ability to so scan.

People need to wake up and realize that life is full of battles; we'd be
wise to carefully examine those for the ones that are worth fighting.  Some
people act as if QR codes are the hill they plan to die on.  Those same
people probably carry a FSF "What I do and don't have to tell the police
when they pull me over in state X" card with them - good luck with that.
You're free to not speak with the police - that won't stop them from
ruining your day and forcing you to spend a lot of money and energy, when
all you really needed to do was suck it up and play nice for two lousy
minutes.

BDA