[Purdue-pm] XML + Perl

Bradley Andersen bradley.d.andersen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 09:26:35 PST 2012

well if i were in charge of this little data xfer, i would certainly
have taken my usual route:
  mysqldump -u -p dbname > dbname.`date +%s`.sql
then a quickie
  mysql -u -p dbname < dbname.datefromabove.sql
works really well.

unfortunately, i am not privy to why they output it this way and it
seems prohibitively difficult (at least) to recreate the queries and
do it the "right" way.

as for the responses from this list, i'm happy anyone responded at
all.  i was thinking maybe i had a gaping hole in my understanding,
but it turns out i do not, which is a nice validation :)

surely a perl module needs to be written that does not keel over and
die to meet the standard.  there could be a flag that says, "hey
XML::Parser, if you want to die, don't just output the $@ to a file,
kthxbye!"

i am actually surprised that this does not seem to already exist.