[Purdue-pm] Second send: Perl Help on a Windows 2008 IIS7 SQL2008 Platform

Dave Jacoby jacoby at purdue.edu
Mon Aug 22 11:58:54 PDT 2011

On 8/22/2011 2:44 PM, Joe Kline wrote:
> Kristen,
>
> I think if you bring up a command prompt and run 'perl -V' it will give
> you all sorts of info about how Perl was compiled, but at the moment I
> can't recall if it will not whether it is ActiveState vs Strawberry vs
> other.

I have Strawberry installed on my Windows 7 machine and I can state that
perl -v gives no indication of whether it is Activestate or Strawberry.

You can look for the path, though. If it's Strawberry, it'll say
strawberry in the path. Here's my path.

C:\Users\jacoby>path
PATH=C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows
Live;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows
Live;C:\Program Files (x86)\Active State Komodo Edit
6\;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program
Files (x86)\Windows Live\Sha
red;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Windows Performance
Toolkit\;C:\Perl\strawberry\c\bin;C:\Perl\strawberry\perl\site\bin;C:\Perl\strawberry\perl\bin;C:\Perl\strawberry\perl\bin;C:\Program
Files (x86)\Sikuli X\libs

Activestate Komodo Edit is in c:\Program Files\ActiveState Komodo Edit
6\ in my system, so while I cannot assert for sure that ActiveState
would put Perl in Program Files, I can suggest you can look there.

Path is a CMD command and won't work with Powershell. I don't know the
equivalent Powershell command.

--
Dave Jacoby                         Address: WSLR S049
Code Maker                          Mail:    jacoby at purdue.edu
Purdue University                   Phone:   765.49.67368
    959 days until the end of XP support