Perl 6

Mark Senn mds at ecn.purdue.edu
Wed Oct 10 10:35:34 CDT 2001

Purdue Perl Mongers,

You can get a preview of how Perl 6 will be different from Perl 5
by reading Larry Wall's Apocalypses (there are three so far):
    Apocalypse 1  http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2001/04/02/wall.html
    Apocalypse 2  http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2001/05/03/wall.html
    Apocalypse 3  http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2001/10/02/apocalypse3.html

Damian Conway, globe-trotting Perl evangelist has had his teaching
contract at Monash University bought out for another year to do all-Perl
stuff.  Here are his comments on Apocalypses 2 and 3 along with sample
Perl 6 code.
    Exegesis   2  http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2001/05/08/exegesis2.html
    Exegesis   3  http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2001/10/03/exegesis3.html

Is there any interest in having meetings, offices, etc?  I could give
a "Beginning Perl" talk or "Beginning mod_perl" talk.  Would any one
else like to volunteer to give a talk?

Mark
Mark Senn, Systems Programmer, Engineering Computer Network, Purdue University
           Purdue Perl Mongers point of contact

p.s. Our web page (in need of updating) is at http://purdue.pm.org.
If you have ideas regarding it or would like to work on updating it
please contact me---I'm temporarily busy working as a technical editor
for two mod_perl books for Sams Publishing and coordinating remodeling
my home.  It will be a while before I have much time to spend on it.