APM: inviting a guru

Jenda Krynicky Jenda at Krynicky.cz
Fri Dec 14 06:02:43 CST 2001

From: Radomir Starostik <rsta at bach.cz>
> Prague mongers are in the begining and we don't know much about
> ourselves. I personnaly think that Jenda is the good adept. Let's
> select first some interesting topics and we'll see.

Thanks ;-)

Well choose a topic and I'll prepare the talk ;-)
Of course as long as it's somewhere in the area I worked in already.
So no Apache/mod_perl, no Tk, no Unix administration, ...

Another almost local guru would be Jan Pazdziora, from Brno.
I missed his talk on AxKit (http://www.axkit.org/) on YAPC::Europe
so maybe ...

There's a little problem though. I don't think Doba is a good place
for anything like that, we'd need to be separated from other guests.
So that they do not disturb us, and we don't disturb them.
Does anyone have a suggestion?

Jenda

P.S.: I've thought about my being a guru just last evening, and I
think that I'm something like a teacher in the first grade.
For the little kids I look big, mighty and knowledgeable. I seem to
have an answer to any of their questions, to be able to help with
anything.

But as they grow and learn and start to specialize, they find out I
don't really know much, and I don't look as big as I did before either.
So I think I might look as a guru to firstgraders, as a fellow to
highschoolers, but I'm way down below the university guys.

Which of course thanks to the friendly nature of Perl community
doesn't mean the university guys overlook me or that I can't help
them now and then. If they overlook something, or don't have time
to do something, or simply by lessening their burden by helping
those I can.

== Jenda at Krynicky.cz == http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz ==
violent psychopath who knows where you live.
      -- Rick Osborne, <osborne at gateway.grumman.com>