APM: Re: Fwd: Majordomo results

Jenda Krynicky Jenda at Krynicky.cz
Wed Oct 24 09:24:39 CDT 2001

Try http://wdc.tmpw.nl/

> > > does that mean that tmp let you release the stuff you're
> > > developing there as open soure?
> >
> > Sometimes. The SP_COM_generator is not really part of any
> > project ... its just a tool I created and use. I expected to get
> > some feedback that would be helpfull, but I got nothing :-(
>
> you only uploaded it a week ago, I wouldn't expect too much yet!

No. The data specifies when I uploaded the newest version.
The first version that was online is about three months old already.

> (although I don't know how popular / busy your site is, so maybe you
> should have expected more.) seriously, how many COM / Perl / ActiveX
> developers do you think there are, let alone how many have found your
> page? :-)
>
>  - peter.

To tell the truth I did not expect to get a lot of feedback or even fixes on the
Perl code. More like ... what would they want in the VB code, what would
they write differently in the VB code etc.
As you can see you can download a "compiled" version of the script so it
may be used by people who do not know anything about Perl at all. That's
why it's under "Visual Basic and VBScript tools".

Maybe I should add "YOU DO NOT NEED TO KNOW PERL." in big bold
red letters :-}

And I have posted a note about it on www.codeguru.com in VB discussion
list a month ago.

Jenda

=========== Jenda at Krynicky.cz == http://Jenda.Krynicky.cz ==========
It's just that in the mess on my table ... and in my brain.
I can't find it.
					--- me